View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #74
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

dirk wont go berserk this series - heis constantly being doubled, sometimes before he gets the ball. there is no player in this league who will bring a stellar offensive performance when you do that to him, especially not if hes no guard. Is there any place that keeps stats on how often a player touches the ball? Dirk just doesnt get the ball much and avery doesnt usually let him shoot threes so whats a guy to do? All he can, which is try to draw the double team and pass out. thats the reason he waits for the double so much - because he knows it opens up another guy (unless they allow GS to play with 6 guys now).
when dirk plays the 5 then he doesnt get the ball at all other than maybe a few rebounds and when he plays the 4 they just draw the guy from dop since he is no offensive threat. maybe they should try throwing cro in as a center for a while next game. he can score, rebound and hit hard fouls which is more than we usuaully got from our 5 position this series and if he fouls out its not the end of the world.
I still think this whole series went off wrong from game 1 and the mavs have just tried to come back from that.
Now they need game 6. I think they can get it bacause they seem to figure them out more and more.
Yes - GS seems to make crazy threes the last two games but thats sheer luck and thats gonna stop very soon (of course one more time would be enough so maybe i shouldnt say that). when biedrins is on the floor they should foul him a bit more. biedrins makes in average 1/2 FT's so that'd be 1 point per possession - they are usually above that. Plus it might make one of their nutjobs explode at a ref :-P

Last edited by Lor20; 05-02-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote