View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #23
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
To be honest, this doesn't sound like a driver issue if you immediately got an error after plugging the card in prior to having your system search for a driver already installed with the OS. It sounds like to me you are having resource conflicts. What is the exact message given when you look at the device under device manager? To test, try disabling some different on-board devices in your BIOS when you first boot up, (modem, NIC, USB, etc), and then see if the device starts. Just a few things to try assuming a driver is not your problem. Like U2 said, firewire cards are almost ALWAYS plug and play for XP, (you do have XP, right?).

Let me know if any of this helps.
Yeah I'm using xp. I tried that after you suggested it. Boy did I get excited, hadn't even thought of it. But no good. I'm sending it back.