View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm a stupid ugly American and I like shopping and eating.

I'm more concerned with taxes, energy, education, illegal immigration, and a firm hand when it comes to national defense....than I am with specifically the war in Iraq.

What's going on in Iraq doesn't affect my every day life (apart from the fact that 3 very good friends of mine are there, and happy to be so btw). It doesn't affect the vast vast majority of Americans every day life at all, and if they didn't have the media shoving it down their throats, they wouldn't even know it exists.

What they do (should) know is that their electric bill sucks, their gas costs too much, their kids aren't getting properly educated, and the illegal immigrants are abusing the resources of our police, firemen, paramedics and health care...and not paying taxes.

Or how about the issue of politics itself? Maybe that's #1. Maybe I care the most about having people in the government that care about my family, rather than people who would rather go on vacation than have a simple up and down vote on off-shore drilling.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-22-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote