View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 08:34 AM   #168
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Just saw Nellie on the post game show. When asked if Dirk got the shots he needs down the stretch, he said that on a couple of ocassions he called Dirk's play, but Dirk didn't go to the area. Nellie said he may have been tired and wanted someone else to take the shot. Dirk may have been pissed by that point. Again, if he doesn't have problems in that locker room, he will soon.
well, this is disheartening...however, if it comes out of nellie's mouth there's no telling what the truth is.
I have been wondering about Dirk's attitude this year. I think the big three are secretly pissed that Cuban blew up the team after getting to within six wins of a championship. I think they are not happy having to bring in new players and renew chemistry after being that close. I heard Fin say in an interview before the game that he was surprised Cuban did this, so it is definately in his thoughts. Nash is too nice to criticize anyone directly, but Dirk has hinted at his dissatisfaction with the attitude that he has had this year. I have never seen him like this if the above quote by Nellie is true. In his interviews he criticizes the team without mercy and at times has not given effort out on the court. This could be very disturbing for Mavs fans.
Could Dirk be pissed that he has to play the center position?