View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 11:11 PM   #180
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs vs Raptors Gameday Thread

Quote:
I have been wondering about Dirk's attitude this year. I think the big three are secretly pissed that Cuban blew up the team after getting to within six wins of a championship. I think they are not happy having to bring in new players and renew chemistry after being that close. I heard Fin say in an interview before the game that he was surprised Cuban did this, so it is definately in his thoughts. Nash is too nice to criticize anyone directly, but Dirk has hinted at his dissatisfaction with the attitude that he has had this year. I have never seen him like this if the above quote by Nellie is true. In his interviews he criticizes the team without mercy and at times has not given effort out on the court. This could be very disturbing for Mavs fans.
I've been thinking about the psyche of the team as well. When you have busted your rear and got within 1 quarter and 1 game of the NBA championship and then to be basically blown up. There really may be more to this than is known. It also does go against cubes "informed opinion" last year that it takes teams "years" to gell together.
In general I'm supporting of cubes/nellie and I do think that on paper this is a more talented team and probably has a better chance at the end of the day competing with the spurs/kings/lakers. But it may take the boys a while to get over the bust-up. Hmmm...

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote