View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 04:06 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Oh shit if they'd take that for Beal I'd do it in a heartbeat hell I'd throw in more. I honestly think KP and Westbrook would be a great fit together but KP has ruined his trade value so much that I think we may have to do what the Sixers did with Al Hortford and hope for that type of return.
It’s a serious long shot. But I do think Beal’s loyalty will be reciprocated to some extent by Washington. For the Mavs, you move heaven and earth (and multiple first-round picks) to get Beal here working under the assumption that the gravity of Luka and Beal means we can be players in FA and buyout market in a way that previously has eluded us. So you’d have to remove the protections on picks we owe NYK.

The problem arises when there is a team with a better headliner that is equally attractive destination. Like Boston, where Beal is close with Tatum. If they offer Jaylen Brown and picks it would likely trump our offer. Or GSW if they cover Wiseman and the Minny pick. It’s hard to tell. I’m assuming they’d want good picks so I doubt we would have the best offer. NO would be a great spot for Beal unless he eats a bigger market. Miami always finds a way to muscle in on deals and are a desirable location. I think it’s highly unlikely to happen but that should be by far our first phone call.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote