View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The evil plan of republicans for social security

It is funny that the NAACP is coming out against personal accounts. It's a way for poorer people to actually accrue some real assetts instead of being beholden to the government. Well maybe it isn't so surprising since the NAACP was against welfare reform as well.

I thought I read that it was something like white women, black women, white men, black men get less beneftis in decreasing order. I'm not sure about the black women, white men positions.

If you look at most funds they are going to something called lifestyle funds. You determine when you are going to retire, as you get closer to retirement, more and more of your funds are invested in bonds, cash and not stocks. So even if a recession did hit your moneys would already be out of the stock market.

I would be surprised if you would be allowed to opt "back" into the social security system, you could however opt into a 100% safe cash fund until for example.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote