View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 06:59 AM   #105
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My two cents on quincy...

Quincy came to the cowboys with a very,very,very short leash. He had no props in college, was picked too early and had to be taught to take center, grip the ball, throw a spiral etc.

His play in the first year was so horrid (and houston this year) was so horrid that I called for his head. That may have been knee-jerk but that's my perogative.

Since then he has shown himself to be an average quarterback. So I give him more leash. His oline DOES stink but part of his talent allows him to still make plays with that, one good for him.

His running game DOES stink (way too many negative carries) but again he has brought the cowboys to a 500 record. Right now the last time I looked they were tied for second in the east so they are battling.

He does seem to be a pretty tough kid and won't go down without a fight. Also to his good.

So right now qcar has at least a couple of games worth of credit in his account. But I think you have to be fair with him, he is in his 13th start or so, his oline does stink, he doesn't have a running game and the cowboys best receiver (in my opinion) hasn't played a down this year. So he's really battling out there..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote