View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 11:01 AM   #106
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

MavsRich- for the billionth time..I do not hate Quincy Carter. I hope he surprises us all and develops into the next coming of Joe Montana. I just don't see the upside many of you see. Good freaking lord people....many of you choose to like him...some of us do not yet have faith in him. Get over it. You aren't changing my mind. He has to.

If you will look back at the threads, you will see I give him occassional credit for some of the good thigns he has done...it's just that he does so many things poorly as well and you all don't call him out for it. There are a very few of us on this board willing to call him out. The vast majority of you support him and I respect that. I will be happy to post support for him when I feel he earns it. I do not praise a guy that sucks for all but 3 minutes of a game and then makes one lucky throw and one good throw. Overall he played poorly. At least I am not one of those guys who come in here, types "Quincy Sucks" and then runs away. I appreciate your opinions on Carter, I don't think I have ever said your opinion was wrong (I may say misguided or somesuch, but not wrong I hope), but my opinion is that he is not very good and he has yet to show me otherwise.

As for the comment by Fintastic about noone ever calling Quincy a star...that is incorrect. There was a dedicated thread to his stardom. There was another thread where you could vote him as a star, a future star or a suck player or somesuch. That has been the root of this debate for some time. the only choices presented were suck or star. He is very average at best. At best. I think he has shown flashes, but he is so damn inconsistent that it is very frustrating to watch. Even on the last throw to Bryant, it took a very nice effort by Bryant to elevate and make that catch...even though Carter put it in a zone where only Bryant could catch it. He has a lot of untapped skill (scrambling), but his deep and intermediate throws consistently look like ducks or miss the mark by long shots. Until he pulls his overall game together he will not be anything more than a below average to average guy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote