View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Question? If Dick Cheney controlled the minds of the sheeple, so that 70% of them believed a lie --- then what percentage of the masses are believing a lie from the current administration?

I mean, let's face it Cheney has very little charisma, and is hard pressed to get people to follow him, yet he and Bush had 70% of the people believing them. This is with a media that historically favors the other side.

So if Cheney got 70% to believe a lie, what percent CAN/WILL/IS the new administration get to believe?
The big reason I found the Darth Cheney / 70% thing so interesting is because before the run-up to Iraq War (v2.0) I had really been studying up on my propaganda. Operation Iraq Liberation was an amazing piece of propaganda.

Of course, the US Government doesn't engage in homeward propaganda... (the devil's best trick was convincing people he doesn't exist, or something like that). If you step back far enough it's almost comical -- we're talking about the world's largest government, a government which routinely hires armies and armies of pr consultants and marketing firms and then brags after the fact about spin jobs and 'psy-ops'....

...one event comes to mind -- the toppling of Saddam's statue. Remember that? The mainstream dolts we're virtually breathless that day describing it as some historic event in the history of freedom....it was wall to wall freedom and flagwaving day as they played over and over and over again the historic out-pouring of spontaneous liberty love .... and a few months later some army psy-ops group issued a reporting saying, 'we did it and this is how we did it', so now you don't see the downfall of Saddam's statue in the highlight reels.

That's one of the more egregious examples, but the point is that propaganda by and for the US Government is constant and quite good (good meaning effective and skilled, not good meaning not evil).

How good is it? Anyone who uses the phrase "US Government propaganda" is immediately moved into the kook category, because only someone teetering on the edge of mental instability could imagine that our beloved government engages in something which has been a very high priority for every other government since the dawn of man.

anyhoo...to answer your question, the Bush administration was very good with their propaganda, better than Obama has been thus far imo -- the fawning deference by the msm to Obama doesn't really help him in this regard because...well...because they're just preaching to the choir by this point.

....for instance....when Darth Cheney and the boys fed Judith Miller all kinds of Dubya Emm Dee stuff so that she'd run one NY Times article after another on the horrors of Saddam's Dubya Emm Dees, that 'worked' because NY Times had the reputation of being the anti-Bush (deserved), anti-War (decidedly undeserved) paper of record. Doesn't work this way for Obama....

....so I don't think it's a given that Obama can march us willingly over a cliff any faster than Bush. If he effs things up badly enough (as he's doing with the economy), I think you might see things turn on him pretty quickly.