View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
my assumption* is that the propaganda, in the case under discussion, was for the purposes of selling a war.

is that an unreasonable assumption in your view?
no, not unreasonable. It's so reasonable that I don't understand why you are trying to make boogymen out of people who use propaganda. I'd be more afraid of a government that went to war without propaganda than one that goes to war with it.

What I find unreasonable are your leaps of logic: If it can be polled, it must be successful propaganda. If it is propaganda, it must be feared. Dick Cheney (Bush-Military Complex) use propaganda any differently (or more evilly) than anyone else. People don't think the government uses propaganda (that one's hard to fathom even as a leap. What did you leap off of to get that?)
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote