View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #33
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Let's look at information that has been provided.

*Iraq invaded Kuwait and Iraq under Sadam viewed the U.S. as an enemy and thus promoted the ideology of hatred towards the U.S.
*Bin Laden was behind 9/11 and a part of the ideology of that Hatred towards the U.S.
*Al Quida has been observed in various parts of the middle-east, to include locations in Iraq.
*Terrorists are located and being harbored by various local regions, to include parts of Iraq.
*WMD's was the big trigger that launched the U.S. into liberating Iraq
*Gathering of information was at it's worst at the end of the Clinton era and Start of the Bush era.
*Victims of Sadam, used and manipulated information to facilitate the trigger of the "WMD" storyline. In essence they used the fear that had been launched on 9/11 by Bin Laden to facilitate having the USA come in and liberate them.

Bush, like nearly everyone who could've been President at the time, acted on the information that he was provided, as did the Congress...both Democrat and Republican.

Once we started and engaged with the enemy, there was no turning back, regardless of how the story unfolded.

My question, is similar to Underdog who asks why Dick Cheney didn't stand up when he was in a position of power...thus why didn't Democrats rise up before the war, rather than after it was started?

What we see here are politics being waged, and those politics are effecting the moral and lives of our men and women fighting for freedom.

No doubt the troops are starting to trickle their way home, and hopefully the mission was indeed completed. Hopefully, we are not pulling out of Iraq too soon, and the people of Iraq are developed enough to stand up for themselves and can face off against the terrorists who remain within their country.

As for the topic on this thread, I don't see how Cheney has flip flopped...he is saying the same thing he has always said.

About Iraq and 9/11 as well as Gay Marriage should be decided on by the states.

Again the issue with the Iraq war comes down to the destruction of our intelligence community under the Clinton watch, it's been clear since day 1, but so little coverage as it comes off as a blame game. Instead President Bush took the cards he was dealt and ran with it...unlike the current administration who is enjoying playing the blame game.

As for Gay Marriage, I am against it, but ultimately I believe it is up to the individual States to decide and I also believe that if a marriage is recognized in one state, it does not mean that all other states should be forced to recognize it in their state.

State's rights should take precedence over federal issues.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote