View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
So let's go back a few years, to the time when Saddam Hussein's statue was toppled. ... american flag waving Kuwaitis lined the streets in '91 to greet US soldiers. To be blunt, the event was comical in its transparency.
that comedy would mean they are bad at it, not good at it. Just because something is staged does not mean it doesn't capture or generate something real. You know the flag raising at Iwojima was staged, right? I think pretty much all flag raising and flag razing is propaganda.

Quote:
I don't think I've said anything to this effect at all. I'd sooner say that a used car salesman's pitch is something to be feared--
well, you're tales are full of Darth Cheneys and Goebelses and baboon hearts, so I'd say your propaganda is saying exactly what you here are saying you don't say.

Quote:
For months before that, including when those twits in congress were pretending to debate the matter, we were flying all sorts of missions into Iraq...knocking shit out, ....
I thought we'd been flying missions in Iraq and occasionally bombing stuff since the whole Kuwait thing.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote