View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Straight up, how long did it take you to recognize that this was a government staged event? 10 minutes? A day? Five or six years? Never?
How many folks recognized it as propaganda at the time? I'd venture to say a very small minority....point being, people may 'know' that governments engage in propaganda, but if they don't know it well enough to recognize it when they're being slapped in the face with it they may as well not know it at all.
I think it shows a bit of individual interpretation to label this propaganda. The cynic in me shrugs it off as nothing more than "To the victor go the spoils."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote