View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #2100
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Got it, every successful move is a result of others' ineptitude. Every bad move is a result of ours. I suppose if you were the GM you'd have a 100% hit on every single move.
Are the Knicks, Hawks, Kings & Suns not looked at as inept franchises? Both the Suns and Kings GMs were let go over passing on Luka. You don't get it and that's fine. As I said before, they get credit for taking advantage of those franchise's ineptitude when others could've done it but didn't. I didn't bring up every move that didn't work out but some made sense but watching the mavs finally get over the hump and win the NBA title only to not see that team get to defend it should have bothered every Mavs fan in real time.

Us being bad and winding up in the lottery only to come away with someone our front office tried to sell as "the next JJ Barea" was also stupid in real time especially when you consider the original JJ Barea wasn't drafted at all. No team should be looking for the next JJ Barea with a lottery pick and that should've been apparent to everyone in real time. Or trading a 1st round pick for Rudy Fernandez and then turning around and trading Rudy Fernandez for a 2nd round pick before he even played a game is another move that was awful the moment it was announced. It's not hindsight and nitpicking bad moves after the fact. These were all bad moves that set Dallas back. We lucked into Luka and we're back now but the front office is going to have to do much better than they did from 2012-2017 or else Luka will be playing home games in Los Angeles or Miami in the not too distant future.

Last edited by GQ2003; 11-25-2020 at 01:03 PM.
GQ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote