View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #190
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Zach Thomas is one of the best linebackers in the league. Come on Dal give me a break. Dat is a solid player but he is not a Ray Lewis, Mcginnis, or even Trotter. He isn't close to Lavar Arrington. I would pull the trigger in a heart beat. The Cowboys have two first round picks to pick up linebackers or Ends. They could trade their second first round pick for more picks.
And Howard has done what? He isn't the best either. Although, I don't doubt better than what we had.

(According to NFL.com)
Dat in 2003 had more tackles than Zack 84 - 88.
Dat in 2004 had 10 less than Zack.
Both years Dat had more passes defensed.
Both years, Zack had more assists though.

I love both of them. They are really good Middle linebackers. No, Dat isn't Ray Lewis. No Dat isn't Lavar Arrington. Yes, he is one of the more solid linebackers in the game today though. Don't underestimate what he brings to the field. He is a quality defensive player that you know. As opposed to giving up a first rounder, and a solid Middle linebacker for the next Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, Ebanezer Ekuban or Marcellus Wiley. He doesn't have an outrageous contract, and is solid every game.

IMO, they would be far better off taking Dan and Shawn Cody in the first round, or Pollock - while keeping their picks and keeping the MLB. If they have a shot a DJ, then fine....make the trade after they have DJ in fold. If not, then don't move him.

The trade isn't bad, if they get DJ. If not though, then they have just gutted a stength for arrogance. I haven't seen much of Merriman so I don't want to comment on him yet. I just know that they keep busting on players, and trading a very solid one doesn't seem smart to me.

My apologies, I shouldn't be so down on the trade. I am just tired of BBill trying to get by on his past, and his older players. I have seen enough of them, and none of them are near as good this time around. Only time will tell if this next round of ex-BBill players can play.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote