Thread: 2016 NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #64
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Also, can we finally start having a sober conversation about LeBron's legacy? Dude has been to the last 6 Finals, only has 2 rings... Sure, you can blame his team, but you also have to acknowledge that he's basically been the GM for the last 6 years, so he deserves some of that blame himself... He took Bosh when he could have had Dirk, he pushed to trade Wiggins instead of an ill-fitting Irving, and he thought the king of empty stats, Kevin Love, was going to make an awesome sidekick... It's time for LeBron to start owning his failures as a superstar.
That's a bit harsh. Can't say I agree with that assessment at all. #1- He didn't pick Bosh over Dirk. It was Wade AND Bosh over Dirk. 2011 finals aside, they won 2 rings and I don't think he has ever regretted that decision for a microsecond, nor should he. #2- Wiggins was nothing more than a high draft pick at that point, where as both Irving and Love were bonafied proven stars. You can say that Love is all empty stats, yes, but monster numbers are monster numbers, and there was really no reason to believe at the time that he couldn't function as a third option on a contending team. If the Cavs had it to do over today, I'm sure they would choose differently, but when you're in "win now" mode, no way do you choose a rookie over a three time all-star- unless that rookie is Shaq or Duncan.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-11-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote