View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #1311
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Where are you seeing this? I'm looking at it right now, and it looks to me like the cap is $109,140,000 and the Mavs currently have $120,391,210 in payroll. Am I reading it wrong?

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, it very plainly says outright "This team is currently "hard-capped", which means their Total Taxable Salaries may not exceed $138,928,000 at any point during the season." So Cuban does not appear to be lying, to Melonhead's point.
Sorry, that was next season. I should have clarified

This season
Cap - 109.1million
salaries - 120.4million
tax - 132.6million

next season
Salaries - 108.4mill
Cap - 116million
Tax - 141.0 million

This year we are over the cap, but under the tax threshold. Next year we may end up slightly below the cap, but only 7.6million under (assuming we waive rights to Barea, Broekhoff, and Lee)

Cuban isn't wrong when he says we're at the cap. We are. We used the BAE and the MLE (Curry and Roby). The only two ways we can add salary are:

1.23million dollar TPE that we got in the Matthews trade (expires 1/31/2020)
and
21.3million dollar TPE we got in the Barnes trade (expires 2/7/2020)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote