View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 AM   #93
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c
CD, I'm sorry, but I don't buy that argument at all. For one thing, you're completely dismissing the critical point here, namely that those considerations that kept teams from drafting him earlier in the first would NOT keep them from drafting him much higher if they had the benefit of hindsight over his career-to-date. For the love of god the guy's been an all-star. Beyond that, you're completely overlooking just how good that draft was. There are a lot of very good players in this league who would be passed over for LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Melo.

You're going to have to tell me who these other six players are who would be chosen ahead of Josh, too. I can see arguments for Ford, Kaman, and Williams, but that's it (and honestly, I think Josh is a better player than any of them - it's only on positional grounds that you can hope to make a convincing case that those three would have been picked ahead of him as far as I'm concerned).
Perhaps a better way of framing the story is to ask who the next best five guys are who would go after Josh Howard.

Show me the studs he is beating out, in other words.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote