View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Saw it on the half time show, he is also basically said Dirk can't shoulder a load as he just isn't that complete of an offensive player
^Perhaps i am mistaken, but I think several complex things may be at work inside Legler saying that.

In addition to it being somewhat true, I think he also may proudly declare it, in order to justify his pick, or at least to justofy it to those who assume he has a bias in making it.

Tim Legler is a german-american, and would by nature have a bias to like Nowitzki's team, but may wish to guard any obvious bias by declaring Nowitzki's weakness after heaping so much praise-in-expectation upon a team led by him.

Again, pehaps I mistaken, but aside fro many speculation as to Legler's pick, let me add this:

Legler has been a more accurate forecaster than any other ESPN analyst, and while that not be saying much, I believe very much Legler's forecasts are made with the highest degre of intelligence and saavy.

Another point he made about the lakers is one I myself predicted on inside hoops before I got banned. I stated that Ariza, at a younger age, and for less $, already perfectly filled the needs of LA from that position, and that LA would only hope Artest could deliver the same sopt0up 3's and great defense that Ariza brought to the table. Perhaps this could be due to my bias in favor of Ariza, but nonetheless i think Legler is right to point this out as to why LA is a worse team this year, and that is just one more reason for him choosing our Dallas mavericks to go the finals.

Last edited by DULLAH; 03-15-2010 at 09:03 PM.
DULLAH is offline   Reply With Quote