View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

It only appears that way because Garnett's intensity and competitiveness are contagious.
Quote:
no actually, it appears that way because it is true. Cassell/Spree/Candy/Wally is a better supporting cast than TD has ever had...that is why I said it.
Duncan is a great player, but he isn't nearly as intense as Garnett.
Quote:
intesity makes one better necessarily?...is this logical? nope
KG can play every position on the floor (literally, as he's shown this past season)
Quote:
all he can really play well is the 3-5...he cannot play the 1 or the 2
and his desire to win really makes players like Fred Hoiberg, Trenton Hassell, and in many ways even Latrell Sprewell, look like they're better than they really are. Sprewell is arguable, but I think this past season, while it might not have been as productive statistically (oh my God!) as seasons with the Knicks have appeared to be in the past, it was still the best year Spree has had since taking the Knicks into the ECF 4 years ago.
Quote:
this is merely subjective opinion...I would guess one could make a similar with SA players and TD abilities to improve them
Bottom line for me is that Garnett's intensity is infectious, making his team all around better. Duncan doesn't do nearly as much.
Quote:
well, other than assists, the stats do not prove this out. If you want to say that KG is more intense than TD, ok....if by intense you mean visibly agitated or emotionally overcharged…but if by intense you mean a serious focus on the job to be done which would be closer to real intensity…you would be wrong…TD is as intensely focused as any player in the league.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote