View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #77
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Does everyone realize that there are links on every thread that will take you straight to the first unread (by you) post in that thread, and also one that takes you to the last post in that thread?

Do I need to post a little primer on thread management?

I understand people have personal preferences, and that some posters hate the large threads, but I feel like the standard has been established at this point, and it happened fairly naturally. Fight it if you want, but understand that you're going to miss the bulk of the good conversation if you avoid long running threads.
1) Yes, I know that you can click a link and see unread posts. However, if the thread is full of crap I don't want to read, why would I ever keep checking it? Make a thread with the new, relevant information. With the logic of compiling stuff into one thread, we might as well just have a single "Mavericks" thread...or "Life"... Breaking news should get a new thread.

2) The "standard" is rather recent and has only gotten worse by a few people policing the forums, giving people a hard time whenever they create a new thread.

3) Missing good conversation? That's fine, I don't have all day to read forums. Let me read about news in a clear, concise way. Making me stumble upon a thread to find out something has changed to the status quo is a mess.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote