View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Surfing is GREAT exercise, for the body and the spirit. The best shape I was ever in was a month I was a surf-bum in a trailer dumped unevenly in the dunes on the beach at the foot of the lighthouse in Hattaras, NC. Only sustenance for a full month was booberry cereal, sardines (someone had left cases and cases of the things in the trailor.. <shrugs>), and milwakee's best... and STILL ended up in great shape.

surfing is great for you, but you need, like, a beach and stuff for it to be any fun. Unfortunately those are lacking here in Washington DC.

as far as the biking is concerned, I'm fortunate. I live acros the Potomac from DC in McLean, VA... I'm about 1 mile from a bike trail that takes me to the lincoln memorial... I can go across the mall to the elipse, which takes me up to the white house, about two blocks from work... I don't have to fight much traffic at all.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote