View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No, because most of the time what people see and play IS ping pong, as in the recreational game. Not table tennis, the sport.

What can be annoying is when people completely discount table tennis because they've never actually seen it. I get a lot of smirks from new friends when they find out that I play and spend money on nice equipment, etc.

Most of the time it's good natured ribbing though, which is fine. I admit, it's a dorky sport.
Hey, anything that is an olympic sport is not dorky. Then again, (and this is true) "tug of war" used to be an olympic sport.