View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
music is a continuum. it's built on the work of others.
yeah, we get this.

I think, for instance, David Gilmore would have had a great voice and he would have been a helluva innovative and creative musician and he would have written haunting lyrics with or without "he loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah"...It's not like we'd all be listening to nothing but the Carpenters and Michael Bolten bands were it not for
In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
What I'm saying is that this ^^^ is crap. It's not innovative, it's not transcendental, it's an irritating tune with stupid lyrics....that's all it is....it's the 1960's version of Achy Breaky Heart.

Actually....Achy Breaky Heart was a much better song than this, but I digress.

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-09-2009 at 04:49 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote