View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #25
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Overrated???

I'm not that big of a Beatles fan, but nobody can argue the impact that the Beatles have had on Rock and Pop since they came onto the scene.

How many artists have come after them that found inspiration from them.

Beatles overrated is like saying Bach, Beethoven, etc...were overrated.

No doubt there are those who are fans of and those who NOT fans of...count me as one who can take em or leave em...but I do believe they have earned the ranking as one of the best bands of all time.

Think about it, I don't like RAP music, but I do believe it is music and that it has its place as one of the great genres of music. I like Heavy Metal, but there are many who believe that we should not consider this music. I like Country & Western...I do like 80's Rap (Whodini, Run DMC)

What we like or don't like has little to do with something being overrated on the public scene.

How I can come to the defense of the Beatles is beyond me, again I don't like their music, but again...they have made one of if not the largest impact to the music scene from the 60's and beyond!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote