View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #31
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The idea that you have to be a musician to have an opinion on the quality of a band is pretty ridiculous.

I don't think the discussion is about whether Paul was/is great on his lefty guitar. If that debate breaks out, you musicians have at it.

Otherwise, I believe music listeners are every bit as entitled to opinions on the quality of music as musicians, in the same way that we all have basketball opinions without being players ourselves.

Beyond all that, arguing about the quality of music is a giant waste of time in my opinion. It's more subjective than just about any other art form.
how can you have such a strong dislike for something to start an asinine thread about how their music is overrated if you have no idea or concept of what goes into or compromises a good recording/song? no one ever said you can't have an opinion. but, being a musician, you know what goes into a song and you can appreciate certain aspects that other can not. i don't mean to come off as an elitist in any way, im sorry if i do; but it's just a fact.

guys, im sorry. i don't mean to come off like this. i just take some offense because 90% of what i listen to is at least heavily beatles-influenced. i listen to alot of bands from the Elephant 6 Collective. i think the beatles were brilliant musicians like others have already stated, they drew the lines in the sand for the rest to follow.

i will leave this thread. carry on.

Last edited by muzak; 09-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote