View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #34
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well you fail.

Sorry dude, but the argument you present is absolutely ridiculous. Your case is basically that if you don't have an understanding on the intricacies of an art or profession, you are precluded from having an opinion on a product of that art/profession.

So as long as you have never:

- Felt like a basketball team underperformed
- Thought a movie sucked
- Thought a painting sucked
- Thought a sculpture sucked

..then you get to have this position on who can and can not have an opinion on music.

Oh, and based on your logic, I don't want to hear a single word out of anyone about how much Microsoft sucks, how much Mac OSX rules, how awesome Photoshop is, etc. etc. I'll have none of it. Me, Flaco, Rhylan, and perhaps a few others are the only ones qualified to have opinions on software.
you make a valid point. i cant really argue against that. by no means do i mean that someone can't have an opinion. you are misconstruing my argument; and maybe i wasn't clear enough. these people are saying their song writing is cheesy and simplistic and comparable to NSYNC - who didn't even write their own songs. does that argument hold any validity if they've never tried to write/compose a song themselves, or have any concept of what goes into said process? no.

Last edited by muzak; 09-09-2009 at 10:45 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote