Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #102
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Kevin Martin has never played on a team that was worth a crap. This, combined with absolutely nothing on the defensive end of the floor - and I mean nothing - keeps me from getting too excited about Martin.

For a team that needs somebody desperately to fill the basket, Martin has a lot of value. But Dallas isn't in that position. Could they use him? Absolutely. But under the right circumstances.

He's a guy shooting 44% on a 10-15 team. The one thing he does better than anyone in Dallas right now is get to the FT line.

But it sure makes me nervous. This guy is right there with Shareef Abdur Rahim and Mitch Richmond in terms of good stats on bad teams.
To me though, the issue of a good scorer on a bad team usually has to do with efficiency and usage. People like Rahim could dominate the ball and score at a poor pace and no one cared because his teams sucked.

I don't really view Martin in the same light because he's such an efficient scorer and a good shooter. I definitely don't see him having an issue fitting into an offense.

Yes his defense is bad, but he doesn't strike me at all as someone that would have a problem fitting into a real offense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote