View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I've seen various comment sections debating about what Hank does from here. I'm most intrigued by the notion that Hank actually can't do a thing. If he finds a way to turn Walt in as Heisenberg, think about what he'll be doing. His own career will be destroyed - you can't live down missing that your own brother-in-law was a drug kingpin. His niece and nephew will have their lives ruined. Skyler will go down, who of course is his wife's sister. His own physical rehabilitation therapy was paid for with meth money. It's Walt who convinced Jesse not to sue Hank for beating him up. It was Walt who convinced Gus to warn Hank that the cartel was coming for him. (I think that was how it worked.) The most rational choice for him may be to suck it up and not do anything.

But at the same time, Hank is an extremely honorable, "do-the-right-thing" kind of person. But what is the right thing? It's not as clear cut as, well, Hank knows that Walt is Heisenberg, so now it's Hank trying to bring Walt to justice for the next eight episodes.

A long way to go to get to Denny's.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-03-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote