Thread: DeAndre Jordan
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #33
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Well he's going to be 27yrs old this year and has not missed a game in 4 years. He averaged 15rebs a game last year. When BG32 was hurt he averaged over 18rebs. We were the worst rebounding team in the NBA. The league is so PnR heavy with pace/space and versatility being so prevalent, I don't think bigs need to dominate the post anymore to be worthy of the max. It's just as important being able to guard on switches now as it is anything else. DJ checks enough of those boxes to warrant at least a good amount of excitement but thats just me.

Plus at this point getting a "name" free agent is becoming a monkey on the back situation. Every year we don't get one the more it will be talked about.
I don't disagree on any particular point. It's just that those are all things that Tyson Chandler did pretty damn well last season, other than the "iron man" angle. It seems to me like improving in an area that was already a strength isn't going to have a wildly positive impact on the overall team results.

Don't get me wrong - I want the guy in Dallas, but what they REALLY need is a new Dirk. Jordan ain't that, tbh.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote