Thread: Bagley or Ayton
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Part of your logic is flawed. No team right now needs a "true franchise center". The center has nearly been killed off with the current league rules and enforcement. It's much better to go with the double PF or even move positions 2-4 up to 3-5 and go with a 2nd PG or SG. However, if the best player available in the draft is a C, I would still take him.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think Ayton has the ability to "turn back the clock" on the center position. He's built like an 80s-90s center, but has the athleticism, quickness, and range of today's PF... Basically he's not going to have a problem chasing or taking guys out to the perimeter, but when it comes time to bang in the paint, most of these toothpicks around the league are going to break.

The NBA is ripe for a DeAndre Ayton takeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Also, I would not say Doncic and Barnes play the same position. It looks like Doncic is primarily a SG but can play up to SF. Barnes is very much in between SF and PF. There is zero reason why they can't play together and it even re-inforces the very popular "position-less basketball" we see right now on a lot of teams.
Totally agree with you there. I know he's 6-7, but with his handles and playmaking ability he's definitely more of a SG... Which would make him an EXCELLENT fit in Rick's 3-guard lineups, since we finally wouldn't be giving up any size on the defensive end.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-01-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote