View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 02:14 AM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well the idea that Curry and Green will make up for their lack of shooting is kinda sad. Can't imagine they wouldn't seriously consider Simmons for Harden.
There's no way they're not at least thinking about it. I think what's going on is just a lot of posturing. Houston wants not just Simmons, but also several draft picks and other promising young players. I think Philly is thinking, "F that. You can have Simmons and that's basically it." Of course there needs to be salary filler to make the trade work, butt other than that, if I'm Philly I'm giving up nothing else of value. Morey is probably thinking that time is on their side and they have all the leverage, because nobody is going to put together a better offer because none of the suitors for Harden have a player close to Simmons' caliber they're willing to part with. And Houston has made a big deal about how they're willing to get "uncomfortable" and how they're not in a rush to trade Harden, so why not wait a while and see if you actually can make it work with Simmons and Embiid. Harden will probably still be available at the trade deadline.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote