View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 11:28 AM   #31
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I am wondering if the Mavs should explore a trade with OKC and Al Horford. Horford has a contract through the 2022-2023 season for around $27M per year. OKC has recently been giving significant playing time to Moses Brown, Isiah Roby, and Mike Muscala at the 5 and that might signal the future for the Thunder. OKC might be a team that would be willing to take on the smaller contract of Dwight Powell along with JJ and perhaps one of the young rookies, likely Tyrell Terry. I like this idea because Horford + KP would be a great combination that may or may not spend much time playing together, but rather would allow both to have the rest they seem to need (e.g. back-to-back games). Also, those games when KP's shot is not falling, the Mavs would have a back-up that could do some of those same things (shoot the 3; rebound; play adequate defense). Horford also gives the Mavs a big body that would come in handy against teams with more physical line-ups and a veteran presence that could help KP elevate his game. Why would OKC do this? Other than the salary dump and the potential of a young rookie like Terry, I am not sure they would. Perhaps you bring in a third team interested in THJ that could add some draft picks to OKC.
Horford fits and I'd take George Hill with him.

Hill is solid 3 point shooter and reliable defender that they could use vs these PG's that keep torching them.

I think they are overrating Richardson dude has been avg at best this year and making 1-2 good defensive plays a game is nothing compared to when your getting roasted the rest of the game.

Bottom line is Mavs can't stop anyone when it matters and usually it starts with some PG or wing player always having their way vs our defenders.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote