View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #110
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
you are correct .. it isn't very complicated at its core... but its very complicated in actual action.

pro choice people should be much more cognizant of the fact that anti abortion people REALLY believe that abortion is murdering a baby. That is nothing small, and I find it hard to believe that there are many pro choice people that would STAY pro-choice if they truly believed that an actual baby was invovled.

on the other hand anti abortion people have to truly understand that pro-choice people DON'T think that the fetus has become a baby yet (i think)... and that these people generally are NOT evil... even if they support a position that anti abortion people think is evil.

it is strongly felt on both sides.

(personally ... i dream of a day when more effort from BOTH sides is spent on helping pregnant women become mothers and helping mothers support babies (not just financially, but that sometimes certainly helps) so that "the choice" tilts more towards fewer abortions.
I'm not so sure that it is complicated so much as conflicted. It's pretty apparent that it's either a baby or at least WILL actually be a baby. The conflicting part is where you have to rationalize to yourself that it is not. I don't really try to belittle the choice being made as making the choice to not kill the baby is definitely hard and can be life-changing, but it is a choice between life and death.

Saying the baby is not really alive IMO is just rationalization.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote