View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #574
Texan in DC

Texan in DC is on a distinguished road

Ok
I am and always be a Texas Rangers fan, but the come back victory the other day where they were down by 7 I think and then ended up winning with a 8 to 7 victory was not good baseball. It was not even good hitting, what it was in truth was very bad pitching.
I believe the team in the west with above a .500 winning percentage will win the west.
But lest step back and look at the really good teams in the AL.
The Red Sox I believe are the best, they have solid hitting and pitching, the Yankees whom I will always hate with passion have solid all stars in every position in the field or lineup, but it has been shown since 2000 that you can load up your team with all stars but they are not that far off in talent with the rest of the leagues stars.
Take Texas for a moment, we have Tex, Blalock, and Young in the infield that is solid, but Yankees have Giambi, Rodriguez, and Jeter, the numbers put out are not identical but pretty competitive. In the Central you have three stong teams Indians, White Sox and Tigers that should all make a playoff run. Being from the metroplex I am enjoing the DC area bc I am a baseball fan, and their is a lot of great games to watch with short driving distance, its not bad.
Go Texas, but with a reality outlook