View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #3
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all
Default RE: Johnson pondering playoff rotation

So who are the nine players if everybody healthy?
Dirk
Howard
Terry
Finley
Dampier

Stackhouse
VanHorn
Harris

To me these 8 are for sure. Then you have Daniels, Bradley, Henderson and Armstrong, maybe Podkolzin or Mbenga. On the playoff roster imo should/will be Daniels, Bradley, Henderson and one of Averys choice.
But do you really believe that Daniels will not be in the nine player rotation? I think that will only happen if Dampier is not fully healthy and there is a need for another frontcourt player.
If Daniels is in the rotation they will go small a lot of time when Dampier is out with Dirk or KVH at the 5. Thats sounds not so good to me. I would like to see atleast some Bradley or Hendu at the 5. I see no reason to limit this deep team to a nine player rotation, atleast not if it means that there is no backup center included.
So if I have to choose I would take a frontcourt player over Daniels, or better use a 10 player rotation with Bradley or Hendu and Daniels in the mix.

One thing that you really need for a small rotation is a healthy Dampier, if he's limited to under 20 min's than you have to include Bradley and/or Hendu. Than Daniels is the odd man out, which is not nessescary.
I hope Avery said this to create some playoff feeling and position fighting at the end of the season and not that it means, that he play's the same small rotation a whole series.
Hopefully he will use this deep roster the best way to be successfull. to me that means to play a center most of the time (so Bradley/Hendu should be in the rotation) and look which swingman (Finley, Stack, Daniels imo Howard is a lock)is playing/matching up the best, but don't say one of them (Daniels) will not get a try.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote