View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #45
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
He was also 29, he will be 32 in the playoffs this year.
Actually, he'll be 30 until June 19. If he turns 31 and the Mavs are still playing, I don't think we'll be complaining about his minutes!

Quote:
And he is coming from a summer in which he played two olympic tournaments. Those minutes catch up sooner or later, I'd like to see his minutes handled the way the Spurs do with Duncan. And the thing is, with Bass on board for this season at least we have a player who can do a good job of covering for him for 15 minutes or so.
I agree with Bayliss on this point. It seemed to backfire on Avery in 06-07 when he tried to rest Dirk toward the end of the season. Dirk needs his regular minutes to stay in rhythm. I think he's playing a tad bit too much right now, but I think as Josh gets healthier you'll see him drop back down into the 36-38 minute range.

I think the key for Dirk in terms of rest is that they need to get him a solid rest in the 1st half and then a short rest in the late 3rd/early 4th if they can. If they do that, he never seems to show any signs of fatigue.

i