View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #74
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Kidd is really playing poorly right now, offensively and defensively. He still gets his steals here and there, and will rebond well for a guard but that's far and away from what we expect from the PG on this team. I laughed at people who were saying that Barea should start over him, I don't think it's that crazy right now to be honest.
This is what I've been saying. Barea has been doing a MUCH better job of creating open looks for other players in the halfcourt than Kidd has.

Barea at least has that little move where he penetrates into the paint and kicks it back out to an open shooter. Kidd can't even do that. Kidd just dribbles the ball down, dumps it to someone else, and hides in the corner and hopes for a 3.

I think the problem is that they're doing more pick and rolls and running and gunning less... and Kidd is useless on offense unless they're running the floor. They were running the floor more early in the season but now they seem to be slipping back into pick and roles and even some ISOs... and Kidd is useless in that environment. He has nothing in the half court offense.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote