View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #77
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Hit some jumpers.
True...but I'm usually the kind of guy who would have the philosophy to let it play out with the guy, basicall Let him work it out on the court. Now if he's just not showing anything in practice, then I understand not giving him time. But if he's holding up ok and just not getting time, that can mess with confidence and rhythm. I'd just let him learn in game situations and go through the growing pains, have a decent leash on him...but not super tight.

Yeah the 3PT % is drastically different between George and Wright but I like what versatility he can bring offensively and really not have a dramatic drop on defense.

He actually brings another facet to the Mavs offense: a guy who can attack the rim/paint with some consistency. Most people on the board get excited when Josh attacks the basket, that's because he just doesn't do it enough. Wright is athletic enough to get in there and alter his shot mid-air based on what the defender does. He's also savvy enough to dish it out if there is an open man and it's a better shot than what he has going.

Wright needs minutes, it just might need that impending George injury for it to happen.