View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #206
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
That isn't my question about agreeing or disagreeing with his words.

My question is: Do you use physical force or words?

This is where the bottom line gets too. If genocide is happening, do you use words and threats to stop it, or do you take action.
imo you must take action if actual genocide is happening. I believe that was the meaning of obama's remarks.

Quote:
IMO -- changing attitudes changes big picture, but changing people changes the present issue. In other words, war only allows you the ability to teach younger people your ways and get them on board with you. War doesn't solve anything except that it resolves the individual issues with the current people that won't change. Example: Saddam would have been just like Castro and thumbed his finger at the US for the rest of his life, IF we just kept talking like we did with Castro and not taken and done it forcefully. With that said, you will never change Iraq with war, but only by working with the younger people there to educate and build something that everyone can be happy with. You will never be able to do this though, as long as some people are in a class system that does not allow them to change classes.
to stop genocide it typically will take armed intervention. to stop genocide from reoccurring it takes winning the "hearts and minds" as they say, removing the mindset of the players to view murder as acceptable.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote