Thread: Wade for MVP
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 AM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I was listening to the Hardline today and was flabbergasted by the unmitigated lovefest going on between Greggo and Reiner about Dirk.

It was the most effusive I think I've ever heard them for an athelete (at least in a while).

Some comments:
- Dirk plays his ass off every night.
- His intensity is way up since last year.
- We have all been taking him for granted, he just brings it.
- He's just really special. He does it all. Scores, rebounds, blocks, offensive rebounding, blocked shots.

They also went on a rant about how the national media's knock on dirk is that he doesn't play defense but for some reason Nash gets some sort of pass on it.

I was shocked to be honest, especially hearing it from Reiner as he's always Mr. Negative.

Oh I must add, the lovefest extended to Avery as well. Certainly I believe that Dirk is being pushed by Avery to be a better player. In fact they were saying that no one played as hard for Nelson as they do for AJ. I'm not sure about that, it was a different type of playing hard, they were one fly up the court, run it down your throat team for nelson.
There are times when the Ticket is so bad I have to turn it to ESPN 103.3. I've been doing this a lot lately.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote