View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
And as Skin pointed out this week, the Spurs won a championship and didn't invite Avery Johnson back. Then they won a championship with Tony Parker and spent all summer flirting with Jason Kidd. And you think Pop was every where massaging egos? No. You do what you think is best for your organization. If anything, you can make the case the Spurs have been MORE successful than the Mavs in part because they've been MORE cut throat, and not fallen in love with their players to the extent that the Mavs have.

It's complete bullsh, and it's nothing but sour grapes from Tyson, who is probably seriously re-thinking turning down a two year offer from us as he surveys the mess he's attached himself to in NY.
I disagree totally that it's "complete bullsh" (c) Dan McDowell.
I think that Cuban and Co. handled the Tyson situation very poorly and was a terrible PR move.

Seriously, who's the biggest free agent Cuban's signed since he's owned the franchise?
I'm not talking about traded for, but signed (and not past their prime)?

To think that we had a chance at Dwight and Deron over the Lakers or NYC is nuts.
He could have signed Chandler to a decent contract, maybe even Barea also, amnesty Haywood and make a possible run at Deron this summer.

Deron would have been a longshot and doubtful signing but at least we could have defended our title.
Chandler, Barea and Delonte filling in for Stevenson would have been more that enough to compete this playoff year.