View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 04:56 PM   #567
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think its just a matter of being disappointed with the season. There are times when the Mavs are fully healthy and don't look as good as the Sixers do without Embid. I have no idea why this is. I want to blame coaching but I don't consider Rivers to be that much of a upgrade over Carlisle if at all. Maybe its a matter of talent or lack thereof.

And the above is not entirely true. Those teams can miss one of their best players.....I saw the Bucks just beat someone down without Giannis. If the bar is missing 2 stars at once? That's a tall task for anyone. But I'm more so concerned with how they look HEALTHY then when they look like without KP and Luka which isn't all that often.
1) Of course we are disappointing compared to the 76ers. They have a better roster and the 1st seed. If the Mavs falling short of the 1 seed in the East (with or without Embiid) is the difference between satisfaction and disappointment, you will be disappointed. They have a better roster, but also:

2) The Mavs HAVE beaten players without KP or Doncic. We've won 7 games without KP. We're 1-0 when we are only missing Luka (although 0-2 when missing both). You may not remember those games or think about them, but the Mavs have beaten people without KP/Doncic. Bucks have won two games without Giannis. That doesn't mean much. 76ers have gone 7-6 without Embiid despite being the 1 seed in the East. Mavs have kept up in their games without major players (and have missed their starters/important reserves far more often)

3) The Mavs are good. 7-3 over the last ten. 3rd best team in the league in net rating over the last month. If you want to be disappointed in their healthy play? Well, I guess you are just disappointed in the Mavs. I honestly don't know what to say.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-24-2021 at 05:11 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote