View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 03:09 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Last night I got some crazy good seats. Really primo in row 14. We weren't center as I thought and I was worried because we were right next to the Mavs basket in the first half and Suns in the second.

1) Execution was really solid. Even missing threes, they had some really nice-looking execution. I despise Kidd, but getting the ball to Lively as a secondary distributor changes the game. Sometimes he'd dunk it. Sometimes it was a little hook thing. Sometimes he'd have an excellent view to kick it out to guys at the three. The threat of his passing actually opened it up for him more too. Lively and Luka were easily the best players on the court and had the best chemistry.

2) Mavs still struggle to shoot threes sometimes. There was a moment where even my partner was like, "Lively is there for a dunk. Why did they pass it out to the three?" They missed the three and Suns went on to take the lead. I wonder if the easy two (oop) would have been better than so many possessions with zero. Again, crazy good execution and the guys were open, but we just go cold sometimes.

3) Luka is a god. Sat with a group of Mavs fans and we all cheered when he hit 10,000pts, tying Bob McAdoo. 50-6-14 is a crazy line. Lively is going to cut into those rebounds for the triple-double sometimes.

4) Grayson Allen is the most punchable guy in the NBA. He averaged 12 and went off last night. I guess I'm glad that Kidd's coaching slowed Durant and Booker, but Mavs love to have a no name guy go off. If they lost, I would be so sore that Allen was the guy that did it. Luckily he shot himself out of rhythm by shooting so many open shots.

5) Got a great look at the defense in the second half and it was so strange. I really don't get how Mavs can both leave a three point shooter on the baseline open AND a lob threat. It really should have failed us, but either Kidd did good or the Suns just suck that much.

6) Kyrie was joking and walking around out there. I can't imagine he's far from return.

7) Green was at the very edge of the seats and he looked completely disengaged. Team members didn't even acknowledge him. For a solid player he seems to be on clearance rack for trades right now.

8) Williams looked totally lost to start the game. He looked like he took a flagrant shot to the head in the second half and took offense. It was on the other side of the court so yall may have seen it better, but it looked bad. Threw hands at Booker and I thought he was getting ejected but it was a double tech. After that he had 2-3 good defensive possessions and two good drives for scores-- then Kidd immediately benched him after his first productive stretch.

9) Exum was disappointing. Even had a play where he drove and there was no help so he should have scored, but he turned around to pass it out. 7-5-4 is still good, but he just looked off.

10) DJJ is the man. He was the guy getting the kick all through the third and fourth and he was missing, but when Luka was getting doubled, he just has a supernatural way to use his athleticism and dexterity to make teams pay. Really phenomenal put-back and finally made a dagger three to secure it. We did good with him. Really hope we keep him, because we need more DJJs around Luka (defensive, athletic, can score without gravity) than guys like THJ (all offense, little defense)

11) No Holmes or Morris. That's all.

12) Curry came out and did nothing. Kidd looked like he had to play him when everyone else was missing their threes. He made some crazy threes, but only after the whistle. He's a nice luxury, but didn't produce tonight.

13) Suns fans suck. They were filling the aisle leaving when the Mavs went up seven. Crazy. I got some good footage and it made me happy to see them turning tail.
Exum might have been trying too hard given the stage. Hes usually more patient and makes better decisions.

Grant vs Booker was minor. I didnt see any hands thrown. It was well timed IMO, as far as the flow of momentum

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote