View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 01:25 PM   #88
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Something makes me think that he will have a similar trendline to Dodo, though

Dodo went from 30 to 37 to 40 with us. He just had to get comfortable. He's going to get some open threes.

But if all we get is elite defense and 33% from three, I would be happy. He's also far superior to both Dodo and GWill in drives/slashes. He's way beyond what I'd expect from a guy in his 4th game in a brand new system.
PJ is a much more polished shooter than Dodo ever was and he came into the league firing that way. 1st season he shot 37.4% on 4 attempts, 2nd season was 38.6% on 4.5 attempts. He started regressing after the first two seasons but not in a can't make this guy a 3&D type of way. He will come around on that end and it will open up his offensive game. Already enjoy watching him be able to put the ball down and make something else happen if the 3 is contested.

I think he will find his form and return to 35% plus. He's getting looks he has probably never seen in his NBA career to date. As good as the team is playing and not missing a stride since the deadline/acquisitions, we still need to be patient on a lot of fronts.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote