View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I don't mean to take anything away from Lebron. He's talented, successful, rich. For that, I applaud him. He might even be a nice guy in general. With that said, it's just disappointing to see such a tremendous athlete taking himself way too seriously and being a subpar role model.

It's not just the importance of his (fake) image for whatever (fake) reason. Not too long ago, as is well known, he openly said that he's not willing to shake his opponent's hand in case of a defeat. Sportsmanship at its best.

A few minutes ago, I read a highly recommended article in the Star-Telegram about Roger Federer's Wimbledon victory. Like Lebron (and probably Kobe), Federer is arguably the best at what he does, and still he's such a class act, always respectful, humble and down to earth.

True greats like Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi or now Roger Federer, to name a few, make guys like Lebron look really bad in comparison. James' latest episode is just another example.

Last edited by dalger; 07-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote