View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:39 PM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

I've said elsewhere I really don't have a problem with Nellie going to Booth in the first half. After Damp (and excluding DJ) Calvin's probably the best guy we have to matchup one-on-one with a guy like Amare, and I'm betting Nellie wasn't in a hurry to go to the zone given the way Phoneix has shot the ball this year (not to mention Nash's familiarity with our defensive schemes). As for his extended use of Bradley in the 2nd half, I suppose things might have gone differently in the 4th if Shawn had gotten some rest when Amare sat down, but as I was watching I remember thinking to myself that in so far as things were going well with Shawn, and as much ground as the Mavs had to make up, I was hoping Nellie would just stick with the Mantis until we lost the momentum, whether fatigue on Shawn's part or the Suns figuring out the defense was the cause (in retrospect I think both came into play). The only things I was personally unhappy with in Nellie's substitution patterns were sitting Devin in the 4th, and going with Henderson instead of DJ or Booth in the 4th.