View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong, but did they really play a zone the whole 2nd half? Now that I think about it, I really wonder. Did they play a bunch of man, or switch between man and zone, til they finally went small? I dont have any way to go back and look, but I wish I could.
Just another "quirk" that Nellie uses. As soon as Henderson came in, the Mavs went back to man to man. And Amare pretty much blew right past him on every single possession, including a couple of "and-1s" while he was on his way.

The Mavs could've and should've have won this game, despite the injuries and refs. But Nellie putting Henderson in in the 4th was a huge mistake. And Nellie giving Bradley a breather at that stage was a huge mistake.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote