View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 06:34 PM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< 2. Oakland running back Napoleon McCallum vs. San Francisco, Sept. 5, 1994. McCallum took a handoff and was met by a host of 49ers, including linebacker Ken Norton who pulled McCallum's shoulders backward. McCallum's left knee was contorted so badly his lower leg looked to be dangling by a thread. McCallum was confined to a wheelchair for two months and crutches for another two months. Six more surgeries followed. He never played again. >>

Man, I'll never forget this one. It was SICK. I don't remember it exactly like that -- I remember his left leg being planted behind a pile and his body being pulled forward on top of the pile, completely hyperextending his left knee -- I mean, it literally bent 90 degrees the wrong way. Sick.

Also take note how more than one of these on this list came courtesy of the good ol' turf at The Vet. I've been saying it FOREVER, but traditional astroturf needs to be taken out of at least football, if not all pro sports.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote